Thursday, September 18, 2008

Year of the Horse

1978. The year I was born....also being the year of the horse. I never really felt that this truly signinfied "me", but after doing

an amazing session with TWO incredible models....well, I'm thinking that the horse may just be my new animal of choice. I have

never done a shoot like this before; I find photographing dogs is SUCH a challenge that I've never been interested in doing

"non-people" pics. A past client contacted me, and seeing as I really wasn't happy with how the last job went I decided to take

this on and hopefully redeem myself. As you can see, I lucked out in all major areas......lighting, amazing genes ( thanks to

Miss K and her beautiful horse Lena) AND comfort in front of the camera. I couldn't have asked for anything more.....well,

other than a smaller belly that was getting a little uncomfortable to lie on for all the low angles and my lack of "stamina", but

heck...I can't have it all:)



Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled with how this session went and thank Miss K and her Mum for having faith in me to

capture a very special relationship...it really was a treat!


I hope you love them as much as I do:)


Michele










8 comments:

Unknown said...

Michele, you really know how to take things to another level. These are absolutely amazing shots. She must be so thrilled...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michele these are truly stunning!!! I LOVE the first one - you did a beautiful job. I love how I can 'see' through your photos how much you love photography.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them. They are simply amazing. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing Michelle! I am a horse girl and now I wish I had been better at photographing that period of my life. These are wonderful and I am sure she will love them!

Brooke Bowland said...

um yah i can see why you are in love with these. only wish i had been "invited". ha. they are beautiful i love the first one...so amazing. i love the details in the last one too.

what tex are you putting on these? it really made the first shot!

i want to get another horse just so i can have some photos like this!!! you did such an incredible job, wait til she sees them!

Anonymous said...

These shots are unbelievable, Michele. Just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!
Of course Kathleen and Lena are great subjects to have! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow were you ever busy last night...First of all I love them! My mom and I will get back to you on what ones we want to order. One thing I was wondering about was the pictures from the other lady. Where can I see some of those